Research Output per year
- The epidemiology of common mental disorders (depressive episodes, anxiety states, alcohol & substance misuse, dementia, learning disability and autistic spectrum disorders) within the remote & rural areas of Scotland.
- The social and cultural associates and determinants of common mental health disorders as presented in the remote & rural communities of Scotland, with particular reference to issues of social inclusion/ exclusion and health inequalities.
External interests, member of associations, advisor etc
- Educational Institute of Scotland
- Institute of Rural Health
- Nursing & Midwifery Council
- Royal College of Nursing
- Reviewer for Journal of Primary Health Care
- 2012-2013 Northern Periphery Project NHS Western Isles arm of Recruit & Retain: Developing Solutions, Products and Services to Address Recruitment and Retention Issues in Remote and Rural Areas of the Northern Periphery Programme Area.
- 2010 - 2012 Raising the Health and Wellbeing of Pupils at Tolsta Primary School: Testing the Efficacy of a Cost Effective Model Designed to improve Health and Wellbeing of School Aged Children.
- Rachel Tearse (2005) Depressive Symptoms in Ischaemic Heart Disease in the Western Isles of Scotland. PhD thesis OUVS/UHI.
Doctor of Philosophy
Award Date: 1 Jan 2005
Bachelor of Nursing
Award Date: 1 Jan 1995
Addressing the Needs of Academic Staff in Supporting Students with Mental Health Conditions in Online Programmes at a Distributed UniversityMacPhail, E. & Erskine, R., 4 May 2015, In : Journal of Perspectives in Applied Academic Practice. 3, 1
Research output: Contribution to journal › Special issue
Considering community engagement for remote and rural healthcare design in Scotland: exploring the journey from rhetoric to realityAuthor: Nimegeer, A., 3 Apr 2013
Supervisor: Currie, M. (Supervisor), Erskine, R. (Supervisor) & Elizabeth, T. (Supervisor)
Student thesis: Doctoral Thesis › Doctor of Philosophy (awarded by OU/Aberdeen)