Frank To SSA ASGFA teaches on the HND Contemporary Art Practice and BA (Hons) Art and Contemporary Practice at UHI Inverness. His specialism is in contemporary drawing and painting, professional practice and collaboration practice, research skills, and social activism.
From 2019, Frank has been engaged in the Humanium Metal Art Project. He is one of two artists appointed by IM Swedish Development Partner for the project. He has been chosen by the organisation to develop a new type of colour and painting from Humanium Metal; a new alloy made from melted illegal firearms. Frank is currently working in collaboration with IM Swedish Development Partner to enable project meeting the United Nations Sustainable Development Goal by 2030.
To date, Frank has participated in several high-profile events presenting his research on the Humanium Metal alloy such as COP26, the United Nations and SIPRI Stockholm International Peace Research Institute.
Past research projects
- 2023 - Disarmament & Art, United Nations, New York
- 2022 - Art & Transformation, SIPRI - Stockholm International Peace Research Institute, Stockholm
- 2021 - Armed Art, Fotografiska Museum, Stockholm
- 2021 - COP26 Humanium Metal Presentation, Glasgow
- Conceptual Processes
- Professional Practice
- Social Justice Sustainability
- Art Business & Marketing
- Contemporary Art pedagogy
- 1 Similar Profiles