Projects per year
I am an Award-Winning (2013, 2015, and 208) Lecturer at the University of the Highlands and Islands, Scotland.
I am also joint Editor-in-Chief of the RMetS / Wiley journal Weather.
General interests: Meteorology (weather), Climate, Climate Change, Astronomy (Site Selection, Site Testing).
Specifically: Clouds, Water Vapour, Climate Reanalyses, WRF met model, Meteorological Observation and Systems, Astronomical Site Testing and Site Characterisation.
I speak English (native tongue), Irish (school-level), Scottish Gaelic (conversational), French (formerly fluent), German (conversational in High & Swiss German), Spanish (conversational) and a little Italian.
Instituto de Astrofisica de Canarias (Spain) - Visiting Professor (2017-)
- Uinted Arab Emirates Rain Enhancement Programme (UAEREP), 2016- (Award winner 2018, reviewer)
- European Southern Observatory (ESO) - Meteoscope project scientist (2017-2018) - awardee winner
- Kenyan Optical Telescope Initiative (KoTi) - international project consortium member and STFC awardee winner (2018-2019)
- UAEREP (United Arab Emirates Rain Enhancement Programme) joint awardee winner $5.5 million, (2018)
- Astronomical and Atmospheric Site Testing, Institute of Astrophysics of the Canary Islands, Santa Cruz de Tenerife, 38205, Spain (sabbatical grant, 2017)
- SASKYA ("Search for an Astronomical Site in Kenya") - Principal Investigator (2011- ), uing climate model reanalysi data, including Carnegie Trust travel grant awardee
- Link between Weather, Climate and Health in the Outer Hebrides
- OCTES ("Opportunities for Community groups Through Energy Storage"), which is a new European Union Framework 7 Northern Periphery Project, involving partners from Scotland, Northern Ireland, Finland and Iceland (2011-2013)
- The Greenspace Green Building Research Program (2009-2011) - weather, climate, buildings and reducing emissions
- STARTWAVE (Studies in Atmospheric Radiative Transfer and Water Vapour Effects) and Alpine Thunderstorms, University of Bern, Switzerland (2005-2008) - reearching clouds and water vapour
- FriOWL (European Southern Observatory), Switzerland (2002-2008): Searching for a site for the OWL and E-ELT telescopes (PhD thesis)
- The Large Synoptic Survey Telescope (LSST), site testing and climate variability study (2005)
- The Canadian Cryosphere Information Network and State of the Canadian Cryosphere projects: Plotting real-time Canadian snow and ice information live on the web.
- The micro-meteorology of a bog site in the Netherlands (Masters' dissertation)
- The urban heat island of Dublin city during the summer months (Undergraduate dissertation)
Doctor of Philosophy, University of Bern
Award Date: 1 Jan 2008
Master of Science, University of Reading
Award Date: 1 Jan 1995
Bachelor of Science
Award Date: 1 Jan 1993
Visiting Professor6 Apr 2017 → 19 Oct 2017
Scientific Officer1 Feb 2017 → 31 Mar 2018
- 1 Similar Profiles
Dive into details
Select a country/territory to view shared publications and projects
Assessing the Impact of Light/Shallow Precipitation Retrievals from Satellite-Based Observations Using Surface Radar and Micro Rain Radar Observations.Graham, E. E., Kidd, C., Smyth, T. J. & Éireann, M., 28 Apr 2021, In: Remote Sensing. 13, 9, 13 p., 1708.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article › peer-reviewOpen AccessFile8 Downloads (Pure)
Downscaling the ERA5 reanalysis for ‘Hurricane’ Debbie (1961): evidence of both cold-conveyor belt and sting jetsUniversity College London, 4 Sep 2021, In: Weather. 76, 9, p. 292 294 p.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article › peer-reviewOpen Access1 Citation (Scopus)
Graham, E. E. & Smart, D., 1 Dec 2021, In: Weather. 76, 12, 2 p.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article › peer-reviewOpen AccessFile1 Downloads (Pure)
Graham, E. E. & Smart, D., 6 Sep 2021, In: Weather. 76, 9, p. 284 292 p., 9.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article › peer-reviewOpen Access2 Citations (Scopus)
Graham, E., 1 Aug 2017, In: Canarian Observatories Updates (CUps) . 2017, 01, p. 1-4 4 p., 01-2017.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article › peer-reviewOpen Access
Graham, E., 1 Nov 2015, In: Weather. 70, 11, p. 316-317 2 p.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Letter › peer-reviewOpen Access
Graham, E., Buckley, D., Tirima, K. & Vaughan, R., 19 Mar 2015, In: Theoretical and Applied Climatology. 124, 1-2, p. 425-449 25 p.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article › peer-review1 Citation (Scopus)
Eddy (Eddie) Graham (Peer reviewer)2020
Activity: Publication peer-review and editorial work › Publication peer-review
Press / Media
3 items of Media coverage