Projects per year
I am an Award-Winning (2013, 2015, and 208) Lecturer at the University of the Highlands and Islands, Scotland.
I am also joint Editor-in-Chief of the RMetS / Wiley journal Weather.
General interests: Meteorology (weather), Climate, Climate Change, Astronomy (Site Selection, Site Testing).
Specifically: Clouds, Water Vapour, Climate Reanalyses, WRF met model, Meteorological Observation and Systems, Astronomical Site Testing and Site Characterisation.
I speak English (native tongue), Irish (school-level), Scottish Gaelic (conversational), French (formerly fluent), German (conversational in High & Swiss German), Spanish (conversational) and a little Italian.
Instituto de Astrofisica de Canarias (Spain) - Visiting Professor (2017-)
- Uinted Arab Emirates Rain Enhancement Programme (UAEREP), 2016- (Award winner 2018, reviewer)
- European Southern Observatory (ESO) - Meteoscope project scientist (2017-2018) - awardee winner
- Kenyan Optical Telescope Initiative (KoTi) - international project consortium member and STFC awardee winner (2018-2019)
- UAEREP (United Arab Emirates Rain Enhancement Programme) joint awardee winner $5.5 million, (2018)
- Astronomical and Atmospheric Site Testing, Institute of Astrophysics of the Canary Islands, Santa Cruz de Tenerife, 38205, Spain (sabbatical grant, 2017)
- SASKYA ("Search for an Astronomical Site in Kenya") - Principal Investigator (2011- ), uing climate model reanalysi data, including Carnegie Trust travel grant awardee
- Link between Weather, Climate and Health in the Outer Hebrides
- OCTES ("Opportunities for Community groups Through Energy Storage"), which is a new European Union Framework 7 Northern Periphery Project, involving partners from Scotland, Northern Ireland, Finland and Iceland (2011-2013)
- The Greenspace Green Building Research Program (2009-2011) - weather, climate, buildings and reducing emissions
- STARTWAVE (Studies in Atmospheric Radiative Transfer and Water Vapour Effects) and Alpine Thunderstorms, University of Bern, Switzerland (2005-2008) - reearching clouds and water vapour
- FriOWL (European Southern Observatory), Switzerland (2002-2008): Searching for a site for the OWL and E-ELT telescopes (PhD thesis)
- The Large Synoptic Survey Telescope (LSST), site testing and climate variability study (2005)
- The Canadian Cryosphere Information Network and State of the Canadian Cryosphere projects: Plotting real-time Canadian snow and ice information live on the web.
- The micro-meteorology of a bog site in the Netherlands (Masters' dissertation)
- The urban heat island of Dublin city during the summer months (Undergraduate dissertation)
Expertise related to UN Sustainable Development Goals
In 2015, UN member states agreed to 17 global Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to end poverty, protect the planet and ensure prosperity for all. This person’s work contributes towards the following SDG(s):
Doctor of Philosophy, University of Bern
Award Date: 1 Jan 2008
Master of Science, University of Reading
Award Date: 1 Jan 1995
Bachelor of Science
Award Date: 1 Jan 1993
6 Apr 2017 → 19 Oct 2017
Scientific Officer, European Southern Observatory
1 Feb 2017 → 31 Mar 2018
- 1 Similar Profiles
Dive into details
Select a country/territory to view shared publications and projects
Assessing the Impact of Light/Shallow Precipitation Retrievals from Satellite-Based Observations Using Surface Radar and Micro Rain Radar Observations.Graham, E., Kidd, C., Smyth, T. J. & Éireann, M., 28 Apr 2021, In: Remote Sensing. 13, 9, 13 p., 1708.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article › peer-reviewOpen AccessFile15 Downloads (Pure)
Downscaling the ERA5 reanalysis for ‘Hurricane’ Debbie (1961): evidence of both cold-conveyor belt and sting jetsUniversity College London, 4 Sep 2021, In: Weather. 76, 9, p. 292 294 p.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article › peer-reviewOpen Access1 Citation (Scopus)
Graham, E. & Smart, D., 1 Dec 2021, In: Weather. 76, 12, 2 p.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article › peer-reviewOpen AccessFile7 Downloads (Pure)
Graham, E. & Smart, D., 6 Sep 2021, In: Weather. 76, 9, p. 284 292 p., 9.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article › peer-reviewOpen Access2 Citations (Scopus)
Graham, E., 1 Aug 2017, In: Canarian Observatories Updates (CUps) . 2017, 01, p. 1-4 4 p., 01-2017.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article › peer-reviewOpen Access
Graham, E., 1 Nov 2015, In: Weather. 70, 11, p. 316-317 2 p.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Letter › peer-reviewOpen Access
Graham, E., Buckley, D., Tirima, K. & Vaughan, R., 19 Mar 2015, In: Theoretical and Applied Climatology. 124, 1-2, p. 425-449 25 p.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article › peer-review1 Citation (Scopus)
Eddy (Eddie) Graham (Peer reviewer)2020
Activity: Publication peer-review and editorial work › Publication peer-review
Press / Media
Fact Check-Images and videos of clouds passing behind the sun are optical illusions, not proof of ‘local sun’ orbiting ‘flat earth’
1 Media contribution
1 item of Media coverage
2 items of Media coverage
5 items of Media coverage
1 item of Media coverage
1 item of Media coverage